Hello purchase dicision, used Volt - Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Chevy Volt Forum - General Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Notices

Chevy Volt General Discussion General Chat about the Chevy Volt

Old 06-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Chevy Volt Forum Newcomer

deanbike is on a distinguished road
Default Hello purchase dicision, used Volt

New to this forum. I'm in the process of purchasing a used Volt this weekend. I have a question for you experienced Volt owners. I have 3 cars I'm deciding on, a 11 with 14K, 14 with 55K and a 15 with 40K approx. miles. I like the 11 best of all for the ride, no squeaks , no wear and tear at all.. After a 10 mile drive there was no change in the battery level. Should I be concerned?

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2019, 04:34 PM
Chevy Volt Forum Junior Member

TorqueNews is on a distinguished road

Hello. Welcome to the forum. It's hard to say without seeing any pics. But It seems 14K mileage is nothing. I have never seen Volt owners complaining of any problems. By the way, Bolt is making headlines too. Here are 4 ways how Chevy Bolt outshines rivals. Have you considered a Bolt instead?

Old 06-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Clairjam is on a distinguished road

You should be concerned about the control unit. You drive ten miles only on the battery the level should drop at least by 1/3 for a 2011 on the original battery. If the changeover to gasoline engine happens, it will have no effect on getting you from A to B but you should look at the control unit.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2019, 04:05 PM

deanbike is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the replies to my question. Today I set out to purchase a Volt unfortunately, I didn't. Maybe I'm totally missing something. Both vehicles were charger overnight in preparation to the test drive. The 2015 showed 31 mile electric range on the dash. I drove 28.4 miles and the electric range gauge dropped to zero and the engine started.
The 2011 showed only 26 mile electric range. I drove 33 miles before the engine started. Both test drives were cruse controlled at 63 mph. My question, if the total range is approx. 37 miles why isn't it reading that range after a full charge? I'm only trying to purchase with cash up to 13K so I'm limited on what I can purchase. Any ideas?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:53 PM

rwhepler is on a distinguished road

It estimates battery range based upon ambient temperature & recent driving range relative to style (City vs Hwy, etc).

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)
!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first read THIS INFORMATION!! Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES in your user name. If you own a business, once you have been set up as a "Supporting Vendor", you will be permitted to enter your business name in your "User Title" which appears directly below your name.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add VoltForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Email Address:
SEX?
Enter your Sex!
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.