$7500 Tax Credit Buyer Beware - Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club!
Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club!  

Go Back   Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club! > Chevy Volt Forum - General Discussion > Chevy Volt General Discussion
Notices

Chevy Volt General Discussion General Chat about the Chevy Volt

Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Chevy Volt Forum Newcomer

WYVOLT is on a distinguished road
Default $7500 Tax Credit Buyer Beware

Make sure your sales person doesn't LIE to you when talking about this subject. The $7500 Tax Credit is exactly that. Not an automatic Tax Refund of $7500 but a Credit. What that means is you have to owe $7500 in taxes before you receive up $7500 in credit.

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Chevy Volt Forum Junior Member

jljeeper is on a distinguished road

That's why every add says to talk to a tax professional. If you don't have 7500 in tax liability you may be better to lease because the lease company gets the tax break and passes that savings to you in the form of a low lease. I have heard of $260-$300/mo lease prices. Some can save enough in gas to pay their lease

Old 05-31-2013, 04:53 PM

That doesn't fix the salesperson saying the price will drop by $7500 not even including the state tax drop.

Advertisement

Old 05-31-2013, 05:18 PM

So did you buy a Volt thinking you would get the full $7500 back?

Most people have to pay some federal tax. What ever amount you do pay you will get back "up to $7500" so even people who paid 2000-3000 will get back that amount. You just have to look at your 1040 from last year to see what you paid.

It is spelled out pretty clear (front and center) on the Chevrolet Volt website. I make it a point not to believe everything a salesman says and would not make a purchase based on information a salesman said. Most people that can afford a $40,000 car will qualify for the full or partial tax credit.

http://www.chevrolet.com/volt-electr...electric%20car

MSRP*1 as low as $31,645

Price after tax savings. Net price shown includes the full $7,500 tax credit*1. $39,145 MSRP*1,2 with federal tax savings from $0 up to $7,500.

1. Each individual's tax situation is unique. Consult your tax professional prior to claiming any credits to confirm the vehicle tax benefits for which you may be eligible. Must be applied by the owner after the purchase of a new Chevrolet Volt.

2. Available for purchase only. $0-$7,500 depending on your federal tax liability.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:23 PM

So don't trust or believe in your Chevy Dealership Sales People. Got it!!

Just curious on which dealership you work for or if you are the PR rep for the GM Volt society?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYVOLT View Post
So don't trust or believe in your Chevy Dealership Sales People. Got it!!

Just curious on which dealership you work for or if you are the PR rep for the GM Volt society?
Hey wyvolt

You start your thread saying "Make sure your sales person doesn't LIE to you" and then you give me grief when I say the same thing.
When it come to salesmen it is "trust but verify" I'm sorry but its true there are a lot of salesmen saying a lot of "stuff" some accurate some not to get you to buy. No not all but enough to fact check the information yourself. This is especially true with a complex car like the Volt. Many buyers know more than the salesmen.

As far as PR. I just happen to be a very happy owner of a Volt and am more than happy to promote something I believe in. Something that I "put my money where my mouth is" so to speak. I did lots of research over many months before I made my decision to buy. I was still nervous over the new technology and in the past worked for several years as a mechanic and usually do 99.9% of all my maintenance. The Volt did make me feel uneasy about that. My experience so far and with added knowledge of the car has been 100% positive and has exceeded my expectations in every way.

Advertisement

Tags
$7500, credit, tax

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Volt Forum - Forums and Owners Club! forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)
!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first read THIS INFORMATION!! Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES in your user name. If you own a business, once you have been set up as a "Supporting Vendor", you will be permitted to enter your business name in your "User Title" which appears directly below your name.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Note: If your email address requires someone to click a link before they can send you email, DO NOT REGISTER WITH IT as no one is here to click the link and you will never get your activation email!
We have banned MANY Free email providers.
If you get notice that your email address is banned when you try to sign up, it is because its been banned due to spammers using the provider, or too many members bouncing emails we send back to us via the free provider! If this happens to you, you will need to use a different email. If you do not provide a valid email address you will not receive your activation email. We recommend that you register with an email address which is attached to your ISP! Not a free service! We have found that using free accounts causes you to not receive your registration email. In any case, you should add VoltForumZ.com to your spam filter whether using a free account or your ISP account. If you bounce email to us, you will have your account deleted and your IP address banned!

Email Address:
SEX?
Enter your Sex!
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Date of Birth
Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.
Month Day Year

Privacy

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.